So if you are like me you like a good snack. I love savory things mostly but let’s be real, some days anything will do. So in order to make a few of my favorite things vegan I had to do some work but it was totally worth it.
1. Cheesy popcorn. You can easily get vegan friendly butter. I use earth balance butter (specifically the soy free one). The butter is really good. It melts well, you can use it to bake, on toast, melt it onto popcorn, and use it any kind of cooking. The other part of the popcorn is nutritional yeast. Yes. It looks weird. The tasty is very cheesy though and I use it to top pasta, to make mac and cheese, and use to season popcorn. So go look for nutritional yeast y’all. Super good. (Nutritional yeast: It is a source of protein and vitamins, especially the B-complex vitamins, and is a complete protein. It is also naturally low in fat and sodium and is free of sugar, dairy, and gluten. Sometimes nutritional yeast is fortified with Vitamin B12.)
2. Tortilla roll ups. I use whole grain tortillas, tofruti cream cheese (a cream cheese that is made from tofu and taste like cream cheese y’all), then I add slices of tofurky lunch meat, some spinach and roll it up. Now you can eat it like that or if you want to use to for an appetizer at a party you can roll them up, wrap it in plastic wrap, let it sit overnight, then right before you are ready to serve slice it into pinwheels. Super tasty and easy.
3. Ranch dip and chips or veggies. So to make ranch dip I use ranch mix (easy to make your own) and tofruti sour cream. Easy y’all.
4. Hummus and pita, hummus and veggies, hummus and pretzel chips. Hummus is such an easy go to. I love it piled with red peppers or garlic and olive oil.
5. Trail mix with vegan friendly dark chocolate and dried fruits and nuts. Easy to make your own and you can buy it in the bulk section of a lot of stores. Also, you can make it your own and add what you love and leave out what you don’t. Better than picking through things and paying for a big bag of trail mix and not eating it all.
What are some of your favorite healthy snacks? What are some not so healthy snacks that you made your own and made better? I want to hear y’all.